So what exactly ARE resurrection cookies, you may be wondering? Besides the MOST DELICIOUS THING IN THE WORLD, of course...so easy you almost can't call it a recipe. When I used to make them as a kid, they were simply pre-made crescent roll dough with a marshmallow wrapped inside. When you bake them, THE MARSHMALLOW "DISAPPEARS!" Or at least, that's what it seems like to a 6 year old ;) The idea behind these cookies is that you're "placing Jesus in the tomb." And when you open the tomb (i.e. "bite the cookie" haha) HE IS NO LONGER THERE! I've always thought it was creative (and of course delicious!). And with my recipe, they're HEALTHY, too! Happy Easter guys! Go make some resurrection cookies :)
Protein Resurrection Cookies. Vegan, Gluten Free. Makes three large cookies.
1. 1/2 cup flour of choice
2. One scoop vanilla vegan protein powder
3. 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4. 1/2 tsp baking powder
5. One packet stevia powder
6. 4 T water
7. 3 vegan marshmallows (like Dandie's brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, protein powder, stevia, and baking powder. Add water and mix to form a dough.
3. Divide dough into 6 sections. Take one section in hands, roll into a ball, and flatten into a circle. Place on parchment and repeat with remaining 5 sections.
4. Place one marshmallow in the center of one circle of dough. Top with another dough circle and gently press outer edges together to seal. Repeat for 3 large cookies.
5. Cover cookies with a foil tent and bake for 25-30 minutes, until firm and set.
6. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before enjoying.