Anyway, back to my story. I was planning on making...something yummy (I can't give it away yet! They will be in my cookbook...!) in the oven. However. With last night's mini fiasco, that plan was, well, terminated.
And then these not-so-beauties were born. Don't let their humble (um, Anna...try UGLY) appearance scare you off. These. Things. Are. Amazing. Definitely a new favorite of mine!
3 Ingredient Grain Free (HIGH PROTEIN!) Pancakes; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one (makes 3 small-medium pancakes).
1. One OVERRIPE banana, mashed
2. One scoop (or 1/4 cup) protein powder of choice (I used Vega)
3. 2 T ground flaxseeds
4. 1 tsp water
1. Heat a nonstick pan/skillet over the stove.
2. Combine mashed nana and protein powder and mix well. Add 1 tsp water and mix again. Add flax and stir ver very well. The "batter" will be thick and VERY sticky. Don't let that scare you.
3. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter onto heated pan and spread around to form a circle. These cook FAST. Cook about 1 minute, flip, cook one minute. Repeat for 3 cakes. Too as desired or eat as is! Yummy both ways.
NOTE: Protein powders vary in texture and consistency quite drastically. If you use a brand other than Vega I can't guarantee the outcome will react like mine.