I don't know about you, but Wednesdays are usually pretty busy for me. Between work, classes, homework, and extracurriculars, I'm worn out by the time I get home in the evening! That said, a girl's still gotta eat dinner...no matter HOW hectic the day's been! That's the best part about these Vegan "Honey" Mustard Tofu Lettuce Wraps with Black Bean Spaghetti...they're delicious, healthy, well-rounded and filling (packing a whopping 45 GRAMS of plant-based protein!)...and ready in a little over 10 minutes. SAY WHA?!?!?!? For real. Even better?! They both look AND taste good enough (and complicated enough!) to serve to your friends for a quick dinner party option.
Without further ado, enjoy, guys!
|Vegan "Honey" Mustard Tofu Lettuce Wraps with Black Bean Spaghetti.|
|Juicy, sweet, and tangy!|
|Healthy and delicious!|
1. 3 oz. water-packed extra-firm tofu, cubed
2. 1/3 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
3. 1 T dijon mustard
4. 1 T vegan "honey" substitute (see below for my fave brands!)
5. 1/8 tsp each onion and garlic powders
6. Cayenne pepper, to taste
7. 1/2 tsp soy sauce (or Bragg's liquid aminos)
8. 2 oz. dry black bean spaghetti noodles (purchase them below!)
9. 2 Romaine lettuce leaves
10. Precooked brown rice
1. Fill a small soup pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Add spaghetti noodles and let simmer 10 minutes. Drain water and set aside to cool.
2. Combine dijon mustard, "honey," spices, and soy sauce in a small/medium-sized bowl and whisk well. Add tofu cubes and toss to coat. Add sliced tomatoes and toss.
3. Fill lettuce leaves with black bean spaghetti and top with "honey" mustard tofu mixture. Serve over brown rice.