Whipped Potatoes with Lentils and Parsley. Vegan, gluten-free. Serves one.
1. One large russet potato, peeled and chopped
2. 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
3. 1/8 tsp each onion and garlic powders
4. 1/2 T nutritional yeast
5. 1/2 cup Canned lentils, drained and rinsed
6. Dried parsley flakes, for garnish
1. Place shopped potatoes in a small soup pot and cover with water.
2. Bring to a boil and boil until fork tender. Drain, reserving about 1/4 cup of cooking water.
3. Place potatoes and remaining cooking water in food processor with spices, vinegar, and nooch. Blend, scraping sides and adding more water as necessary until smooth.
4. Spoon into bowl and top with lentils. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.