Crispy Chickpea Nuggets; Vegan, Gluten- Free. Serves one (makes 6 nuggets).
1. 3/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2. 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning
3. 4 T brown rice bread crumbs
4. 1 T nutritional yeast
5. 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
1. Process your chickpeas in a mini food processor with 1/8 tsp seasoning until crumbly. DO NOT ADD WATER!
2. Transfer chickpea crumbles to a bowl.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together bread crumbs, nutritional yeast, and 1/4 tsp seasoning.
4. In a third separate bowl, place about 1/2 cup of water or enough to cover nuggets if submerged.
5. Scoop approximately one tablespoon of chickpea crumbles into your hands and roll into a ball. Flatten and dip into water. Roll in crust mixture and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat to make 6 nuggets total.
6. Bake uncovered at 350 F for 20 minutes. Flip, and bake 10 more minutes. Let cool before serving.