Saturday, January 23, 2016

Snowstorm Stew!

So, if you haven't noticed, it's snowing outside. ;)
I have to admit--this is probably the most snow I've ever seen in my life...and the "stormiest" snow episode I've ever lived through! Being from Central Virginia originally, I didn't grow up used to seeing "snowmaggedons" every winter...the most snow I ever remember getting as a child was 10 inches! But this?! This is actually frightening. Yes, you read that correctly. I am actually scared as I sit here and type this while I simultaneously watch the snow blowing wildly outside. *sigh*
Anywho, this is a really quick and yummy stew that's PERFECT for a snowy day like today--warming from the inside out and chock full of nutrient-rich veggies, this stew is certain to make it on your "fave recipes" list. Enjoy! And stay warm :)


Snowstorm Stew!





Snowstorm Stew! Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.

Ingredients
1. 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2. 1 cup no-salt-added vegetable broth
3. one small zucchini, chopped
4. one small carrot, peeled and chopped (or 6 baby carrots)
5. 1 cup frozen florets
6. 1/2 cup canned, no-salt-added diced tomatoes
7. 1/3 cup frozen corn
8. 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
9. herbs and spices of choice
10. salt, to taste


Method
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized soup pot and stir well. 
2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 5 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring regularly, for 10-15 minutes for flavors to mingle.
4. Scoop into a LARGE bowl (this makes A LOT!) and serve. (I topped mine with ground golden flaxseed for texture--delish!)




2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna!

    I love your blog and your positive attitude toward life. But I'm getting tired of all the people who seem obsessed with raining on your parade and spreading hate. Can you please (pretty please!) write a post, or even Instagram that just finally addresses the whole thing, once and for all? I think maybe some people are just misguided, or only focus on all the weight you've lost since adopting this lifestyle, and are missing the point! I think it would maybe help to shush the peanut gallery if you just clearly addressed it. People are getting the wrong impression about you because lots of people with severe eating disorders follow you, or because you have cut out fat/sugar/salt from your diet. Tell people how these changes have positively impacted your health and mentality, and surely then they would understand why you eat the way you do? Just because you eat differently than most does NOT necessarily mean you have some raging ED. If you were struggling, I'm sure you would talk about it, because it would instantly up your readership and probably help countless people - you would find a way to see the positive, like you do with all areas of your life! But anyway, people just have the wrong ideas about you. I think you should write something specific and clear that addresses the topic head-on. So much of the criticism is just due to confusion or mystery. Clear it up, and it will go away and we can all get back to the true message and intent of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, friend! Thanks so much for reaching out. This is a marvelous idea and wonderful insight--please check out my most recent post, just published! :) ~TFVG

      Delete