Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Cinnamon "sugar" toast. Aka "sick food".

As a young child, I was sick A LOT. And I'm not exaggerating--I was a chronic "croup" sufferer and frequent tummy-trouble survivor. Luckily, I gre out of the croup and the stomach issues subsided after I went vegan (go veg, friends!). I have been sick only twice total since I've been SOS-free plant based! Hoorah for whole foods! 
However...there is a pretty nasty stomach flu going around at the rink this week, and because I practically live there (again--no exaggeration! ❤️), I was one of the unlucky persons who caught this flu bug...NO FUN! 
After a VERY ROUGH DAY yesterday and an equally trying night, I'm feeling quite a bit better today...still very weak and achy (and STOMACH achy...😷), but definitely better than yesterday. 
It was a good sign that this morning when I woke up I was ABSOLUTELY STARVING--couldn't keep much in yesterday 😣--so I knew I needed to eat...but what TO eat?! That is always a very tricky question when coming out of a stomach virus...various things SOUNDED good (like new recipe testers for my cookbook!), but I knew I should probably stick to easily digestible and relatively bland...fun fun. 😞 
And then a lightbulb went off!--only after literally just STARING in my fridge and cupboard for, oh, 30 minutes...!--I suddenly remembered what I used to love when I would get sick as a kiddo--warm toast with butter and cinnamon sugar. Before you gawk-of course I modified it to be "The Fit Vegan Ginger"-friendly 😉👍 
So here we have a new "sicky food" fave--"Cinnamon 'Sugar' Toast". Enjoy (sick OR well! 😂😃😋)


            "Cinnamon 'Sugar' Toast". 



        Sweet and cinnamon-y heaven. 


              A bite out of perfection! 




"Cinnamon 'Sugar' Toast"; Vegan, Gluten-free option. Serves one. 



Ingredients 
1. One slice sos-free vegan bread (can use gluten free if needed...I use "Sami's Bakery" millet loaf...mmm!)

2. Cinnamon to taste

3. 1/4 tsp stevia powder


Method
1. Place bread slice on a microwave-safe plate and nuke 30 seconds (this subs for the "butter"--the bread gets all soft and squishy...yummmmm!). Remove immediately and sprinkle with desired amounts of cinnamon and stevia. 
2. Broil on high for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Remove, nuke for 30 more seconds, and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment