Saturday, September 20, 2014

French Fry Oatmeal (no I'm not kidding...!)


Ok...before you read the title of this post and go "THAT IS DISGUSTING!" hear me out. You like french fries (I'm assuming...I mean, WHO DOESN'T?!). You like oatmeal (now this one's a given). Why not combine the two?! And BOY DID I...! Behold, my friends: my new favorite lunch.


French Fry Oatmeal.

YUM ALERT!






French Fry Oatmeal; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves One.


Ingredients
  1. 1/2 cup oats of choice (I used oat bran)
  2. 1/4 tsp EACH onion powder and garlic powder
  3. black pepper to taste
  4. 1 teaspoon bragg's liquid aminos
  5. 1 cup water



Method

  1. In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, mix oats and all spices (including pepper). 
  2. Add water and aminos and let sit for about 10 minutes, until most of water is absorbed.
  3. Microwave on HIGH power for two minutes, watching carefully to make sure it doesn't overflow!
  4. Remove from microwave and top with unsweetened ketchup. DEVOUR! 








1 comment:

  1. Woah! This looks SO GOOD! I don't like French fries because they're too greasy for me, but these oats are not going to be oily at all because there's NO OIL! Yay!!! I am curious, what ketchup do you recommend? All brands I've seen have added sugar and salt and sometimes even oil! Ick! :( (I can't eat tomatoes currently as my holistic doc says no-go, but would love to know the best ketchup for when I CAN eat them again - HOPEFULLY!) thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete