This soup. Swoon. Ultra-creamy, super-easy, sheer perfection. Rich cashews paired with light seasonings, tangy tomatoes, and lusciously creamy almond milk. Are you drooling yet? I haven't even mentioned the best part. From start to finish this bowl of goodness takes 15 minutes. No joke! From the time I plugged in my beloved Vitamix to the time I grabbed my spoon, only 15 minutes had elapsed. Not too shabby! This soup is perfect to make on those "I have no idea what to make tonight, but I'm starving nonetheless" nights. Go ahead and try it...you won't be sorry.
15-Minute Creamy Tomato Soup; Vegan, Gluten-Free. Serves One.
- 1 cup No-Salt Added Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 c Raw Cashews
- 1/4 c Plant-Based Milk (I used Almond)
- 1/4 c chopped yellow onion
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 T vegetable broth (plus water, as needed)
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- dash of Bragg's liquid aminos
- black pepper, to taste
- sprinkle of nutritional yeast (nooch), optional
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic in 1 T veggie broth until softened. Add water as needed to prevent sticking. Once caramelized, add basil and oregano. Cook until liquid is gone.
- Add cashews and milk to a high-speed blender (I used a Vitamix) and blend from low-high. Blend at highest speed for about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Carefully remove lid of blender and add tomatoes, onion mixture, and a dash of liquid aminos. Secure lid and blend, starting at low speed and stopping at highest speed. Blend on high for 5-7 minutes.
- Let sit in blender for about 2 minutes to prevent splattering when lid is removed.
- Remove lid and pour into small bowl. Season with black pepper and nooch, if desired.
|15-Minute Creamy Tomato Soup. Ready for devouring.|