Sunday, February 23, 2014

Secret Ingredient Pumpkin Pudding.

I've seen and heard a lot lately about the amazing things people are doing with avocados. I mean, it's unbelievable, really. In smoothies, puddings, baked goods; you name it, avocado can do it! I have to admit, I was hesitant to jump on this bandwagon. It just seemed strange to me. I had always thought of avocado as being used for guacamole, on toast, or in savory dishes...not in sweets! But a couple nights ago I was feeling adventurous. I had opened a can of pumpkin earlier this week and had the remainders sitting in the fridge. I had seen lots of avocado pudding recipes floating around and thought I  might try to create one. I'm SO glad I did.
Secret Ingredient Pumpkin Pudding.



Secret Ingredient Pumpkin Pudding; Vegan, Gluten Free. Serves One.

Ingredients
  1. 3 oz. avocado
  2. 1/4 Cup plus 1/8 Cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
  3. 1/4 tsp. vanilla powder
  4. 1/2 packet (about 1/4 tsp.) stevia
  5. cinnamon, to taste

Method
  1. This couldn't be easier. Add all ingredients to mini food processor and blend very well, adding splashes of water and scraping down sides as needed. 





No comments:

Post a Comment