So in my longing to join the holiday baking madness, AND my hesitancy with baking in general, I resorted to my signature kitchen appliance: my beloved microwave. I have an ongoing love affair with my microwave...especially now in my first year of college! Many a "rescue meal" has been hastily created with help from my giant black spaceship (as my mom calls it!)--quick, easy, tasty, and, of course, healthy. This Gingerbread Protein Mugcake is no different--it satisfies all of my requirements: vegan, quick, easy, oil free, sugar free, contains a serving of veggies (if you use vega protein), high protein, and can be made in less than 30 min...well, actually, this rockstar can be made in less than 3 minutes. What are you waiting for?! Get your faux-bakin' on people!
Gingerbread Protein Mugcake.
High protein goodness!
1. One scoop protein powder (I used vega!)
2. 2 T brown rice protein powder
3. One packet stevia
4. 1/2 cup water
5. 1/2 tsp ginger, ground
6. Dashes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice/cloves
7. 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a small, microwave safe bowl.
2. Stir in water and mix well, ensuring NI clumps remain.
3. Microwave on high for 1 min 30 seconds. Let cool, sprinkle with ginger, and enjoy!