Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Holiday Spice Pudding with Chocolate-Coconut Dusting.

Scientists say that exercise stimulates the brain...i.e. people are more creative when they are physically active. This is so true-I come up with probably 95% of my recipe ideas while I'm running or working out every day. Seriously! This is one of those recipes--I thought of it around mile 4 of my rainy 7 mile run this morning. I wanted pumpkin--I had been craving it all weekend, but couldn't quite figure out what I wanted it in. Then it hit me: pudding...of course! Take a look in my recipe index and you will quickly find that I loooove my puddings--sweet, creamy, light and fluffy...it's definitely a go-to brekkie or snack in my life. It's so versatile, too--tofu is like a blank canvas...paint it with any color and it will still look awesome! 
So I opted for the pumpkin, then spiced and sweetened it up nicely, then topped it with a light dusting of carob powder ad shredded coconut. Quick, simple, holiday deliciousness! A nice light dessert after Christmas Eve dinner...or, for a twist, serve it as a fruit dip! 


  Holiday Spice Pudding with Chocolate-Coconut Dusting. 

Holiday Spice Pudding with Chocolate-Coconut Dusting; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one (makes one meal-sized serving...could comfortably serve a table as an appetizer).


Ingredients 
1. One box Morinu silken tofu
2. 1 cup canned pumpkin
3. 20 drops liquid coconut ( or other flavor) stevia
4. 1/4 tsp each cinnamon and ginger
5. 1/8 tsp nutmeg
6. Generous pinch ground cloves/allspice
7. 1/2 tsp Carob powder
8. 1 tsp shredded unsweetened coconut 


Method
1. Combine all ingredients (except carob and coconut!) in yor food press or and blend until perfectly smooth. 
2, place in bowl and top with carob powder. Sprinkle with coconut an serve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment