Thursday, June 4, 2015

Healthified Raisin Bran Cereal.

When I was little, one of my favorite cereals of all time was raisin bran. Hotel breakfasts were a highlight of vacation because I could stock up (for FREE!) on snack size boxes of my beloved crunchy best friend. However, when I got a little older and realized how secretly UNhealthy this "health claiming" cereal is, I was shocked...and heartbroken. Now that I'm vegan, I've started getting very good at making what I peevishly call "copycat recipes": vegan makeovers of non-vegan fave foods. This is one of those such makeovers! And it couldn't be simpler. An added bonus?! High in protein, only 3 ingredients, AND grain free. Looks like someone's having a NOT SO BORING bowl of cereal in the morning :)


             Healthified Raisin Bran. 

      Crunchy. Raisin-y. YUMMMMMY!


Healthified Raisin Bran Cereal. Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one. 


Ingredients
1. 1 cup TSP (textures soy protein) flakes*
2. 3 T raisins
3. 1/2 packet stevia
4. Plant based milk of choice 


Method
1. In a medium size bowl, combine tsp, raisins, and stevia. Mix well to coat with stevia. Add milk and serve! So simple and delish. 


*TSP is different than TVP. For this specific recipe, you want to make sure you use TSP FLAKES, by granules. I use NOW Foods brand (sold on Amazon). 

1 comment:

  1. I love the copycat recipes too. Can I request a "The Fit Vegan Ginger" makeover copycat recipes for: Fig Newtons and Clif Bars? :-)

    ReplyDelete