Greek style Pita Sanwiches. Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.
1. Two whole grain/gluten free pita breads
2. 1/4 cup hummus of choice (Cava brand traditional is my fave!)
3. Two grape leaves
4. One small Roma tomato, sliced
5. Handful of sliced red onion
6. 2 oz. firm tofu
7. 1-1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
8. 1/8 tsp each onion and garlic powders
9. Black pepper to taste
10. Flat leaf Italian parsley for garnish
1. Lay your pita breads flat and spread each with 2 T of the hummus (divide evenly between the two).
2. Lay one grape leaf on each hummus-slathered pita.
3. Place Roma slices close to one side of each pita and top with red onion slices. Set aside.
4. For the "tofu feta", place tofu in a small bowl and add vinegar, onion, garlic, and pepper and mash with the back of a fork.
5. Sprinkle tofu feta to the inside of the tomato slices.
6. Top with parley and fold in half before eating.