Wednesday, August 12, 2015

CATCH UP POST! (And a recipe, of course...!)

    Tropical Overnight Oats with Kiwi Jam. 



Ok. It's confession time people. I'm afraid my poor blog has been neglected recently. But...I have some explaining and catching up to do first. 
Since moving to delaware in April, I've been super duper busy...and yes, I know what you're thinking..."you already WERE super duper busy!" And yes, that is correct--and yes, I'm even BUSIER NOW! I'm working a ton which I LOVE, but I have virtually zero free time anymore...meaning virtually no time to blog :( BUT IM GONNA DO BETTER!!! I miss blogging so much! I'm still feverishly collecting my recipes for The Fit Vegan Ginger Cookbook (which will get published eventually...again--it takes time that I unfortunately don't have at the moment...). I've got OVER 500 SINGLE SERVING, SALT OIL SUGAR FREE VEGAN RECIPES FOR YOU ALL!!! Super exciting. I'm actually considering breaking them into multiple cookbooks...or doing a few e-books to raise money tonpublishbrhwbcookbook...we'll see. But just so you guys know, I haven't forgotten about the blog. OR the cookbook (ESPECIALLY NOT THE COOKBOOK!!! Multiple new recipes are created daily!). Ok. Enough chit chat...you all have waited long enough for another TFVG recipe!
This one is sooooo good and super easy (the BEST kinda recipes!). And since it's a bowl of Overnight Oats, it's also super quick--make it gone night before and BAM! Breakfast in an instant. Anywhooooooo...enjoy! I sure did :) 


Tropical Overnight Oats with Kiwi Jam. Vegan, gluten-free. Serves one. 


Ingredients
1. 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
2. 1 T chia seeds
3. 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple (make sure it's packed in 100% pineapple juice...no yucky syrup, please!)
4. 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks, thawed*
5. 1 cup coconut milk
6. 10 drops liquid coconut stevia
7. One small VERY OVERRIPE kiwi


Method
1. In a large bowl, mix oats and chia seeds. Add pineapple, stevia, Coconut milk, and thawed mango and stir well to combine.
2. Cover and stick in the fridge overnight. In the morning, peel your super overripe kiwi and mash in a small bowl. Spoon on top of oats and eat. It's that easy...AND THAT DELICIOUSSSSS

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Quick question - I always get confused when bloggers use "coconut milk." Did you use the kind in the can or the kind in the carton? I'm sure both would be yummy, but I imagine the canned kind would be MUCH thicker and I'm not sure if that would work with overnight oats or not. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an EXCELLENT QUESTION, Mandy! I apologize for not specifying--I meant the kind in the carton for this particular recipe, NOT the canned version.

    ReplyDelete