Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Around the World Mega Salad.

If you all follow me on Instagram (@thefitveganginger--follow me! Hehe!) you will know my utter OBSESSION with giant salads...I have lovingly termed these gigantic veggie piles "Mega Salads". I've posted a few of my past fave mega salads on the blog, but this one tops them all. The eclectic combination of flavors really makes this salad pop. You've got crisp, tangy, spicy, fresh, and buttery all rolled into one TOTALLY BOMB dish. "Clean out the fridge salad" just became a new fave lunch. 


         Around the World Mega Salad. 


Around the World Mega Salad; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one (makes one GIANT salad!). 


Ingredients
1. 8 cups packed fresh spinach leaves 
2. 1 cup canned navy beans (don't sub with great northern or cannellini. Navy beans are essential in this recipe because of their smooth and buttery texture, which other white beans don't provide.)
3. 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
4. 2 T bragg's liquid aminos
5. 1/2 tsp dried basil
6. 1/4 tsp fenugreek powder
7. 1/4 tsp curry powder
8. Pinch mustard powder
9. Onion, garlic, and black pepper to taste



Method
1. Place spinach in a HUGE bowl (DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE BOWL SIZE---I literally eat my salads out of a family size serving bowl...!) and too with red pepper chunks. Add beans and aminos and sprinkle on spices. Eat up! So good. 


Note: because of all the different flavors in this salad, it goes well with almost anything as an addition to make a full meal. Think pita bread, brown rice, hummus on gluten free cracker, you name it. I may or may me have had this with my "Cinnamon Swirl Oatmeal", though....

No comments:

Post a Comment