Around the World Mega Salad; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one (makes one GIANT salad!).
1. 8 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
2. 1 cup canned navy beans (don't sub with great northern or cannellini. Navy beans are essential in this recipe because of their smooth and buttery texture, which other white beans don't provide.)
3. 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
4. 2 T bragg's liquid aminos
5. 1/2 tsp dried basil
6. 1/4 tsp fenugreek powder
7. 1/4 tsp curry powder
8. Pinch mustard powder
9. Onion, garlic, and black pepper to taste
1. Place spinach in a HUGE bowl (DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE BOWL SIZE---I literally eat my salads out of a family size serving bowl...!) and too with red pepper chunks. Add beans and aminos and sprinkle on spices. Eat up! So good.
Note: because of all the different flavors in this salad, it goes well with almost anything as an addition to make a full meal. Think pita bread, brown rice, hummus on gluten free cracker, you name it. I may or may me have had this with my "Cinnamon Swirl Oatmeal", though....