Sunday, July 27, 2014

Coconut-Basil Cream Pudding.

There are few flavor combinations that are more delicious and comforting than coconut and basil. I swear they were meant to go together. Tropical, sweet coconut paired with fresh and cool basil?! It's like a trip to the Bahamas in your mouth! So good. 
This "Coconut-Basil Cream Pudding" is delicious as a breakfast addition, as well as a dessert or snack! It's great anytime of day! Quick, easy, and packed with high quality plantbased protein. Whip some of this up and you will NEVER go back to those gross, chemical-laden "Jello" Pudding Cups. Eww. 

        Coconut-Basil Cream Pudding. 


                         Heaven. 



I made this dreamy dish with my treasured "Sweetleaf" brand coconut-flavored liquid stevia. You all know my utter OBSESSION with my beloved stevia. Since I am SOS-free, it's the only sweetener I use on a regular basis (I VERY RARELY use agave and molasses-only when I need the sticky consistency for a recipe). I am especially crazy in love with Sweetleaf brand. It is the ONLY brand of stevia I have tried that does not lend a bitter aftertaste. Also, they don't add any gross preservatives. IT'S JUST PURE STEVIA! Now that's what I'm talking about! Sweetleaf is the bomb--It's the only stevia brand I use!


                 Sweetleaf-LOVIN'. 


         Arguably the best thing ever. 


Coconut-Basil Cream Pudding; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one. 


Ingredients 
1. 9 oz. Morinu silken soft tofu
2. 15 drops coconut flavored Sweetleaf stevia
3. 1/4 tsp dried basil


Method 
1. Combine all ingredients in your kink food processor and blend until super duper smooth and dreamy looking. Transfer into bowl and top with a sprinkle of dried basil for garnish. Serve!


Note: I mixed in about 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed to my pudding for some substance. It was delicious! Highly recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment