Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pink Lady Stew!

It never fails...every February, all I want to make is pink food. I undoubtedly blame that on all the cutesy Valentine's Day displays in stores. And it really doesn't take much to get me in the mood to cook holiday-themed food...I'm so sappy! 😂 
Anywho, the idea for this awesome stew came to me while I was cooking it. Totally serious right now! I just started throwing things into a pot, and voila! New favorite recipe! Hope you enjoy! (Hint: this one is PERFECT for "Soup Sundays"!)


                   Pink Lady Stew!


     Everything's better when it's pink!


Pink Lady Stew!; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one. 


Ingredients
1. 1 1/3 cups water, divided
2. 2 oz sliced red onion
3. 2 tsp minced garlic 
4. 1 T Apple cider vinegar
5. 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach
6. 1 cup great northern beans (or other white beans)
7. 3/4 cup steamed, sliced beets (I used canned, actually. Just make sure they have no salt and no sugar added...just beets and water)
8. 1/2 packet stevia
9. 1/4 tsp nutmeg
10. Chives for garnish


Method 
1. Sauté onion and garlic in 1/3 cup water until soft. Add nutmeg and stir. Cook 2 minutes. 
2. Add rest of water, ACV, white beans, stevia, and spinach. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5-10 minutes. 
3. Add beets and mix well. Simmer 5-10 more minutes, until water turns a bright pink. 
4. Serve in a large bowl, and garnish with chopped chives. 




No comments:

Post a Comment