Anywho, the idea for this awesome stew came to me while I was cooking it. Totally serious right now! I just started throwing things into a pot, and voila! New favorite recipe! Hope you enjoy! (Hint: this one is PERFECT for "Soup Sundays"!)
Pink Lady Stew!; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.
1. 1 1/3 cups water, divided
2. 2 oz sliced red onion
3. 2 tsp minced garlic
4. 1 T Apple cider vinegar
5. 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach
6. 1 cup great northern beans (or other white beans)
7. 3/4 cup steamed, sliced beets (I used canned, actually. Just make sure they have no salt and no sugar added...just beets and water)
8. 1/2 packet stevia
9. 1/4 tsp nutmeg
10. Chives for garnish
1. Sauté onion and garlic in 1/3 cup water until soft. Add nutmeg and stir. Cook 2 minutes.
2. Add rest of water, ACV, white beans, stevia, and spinach. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
3. Add beets and mix well. Simmer 5-10 more minutes, until water turns a bright pink.
4. Serve in a large bowl, and garnish with chopped chives.