Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sweet 'n Spicy Banana Bread Oatmeal!

Will this winter ever end?! It really feels like not....😭😭😭 I'm cold-natured (which is precisely why I'm a figure skater...? Haha! I'm so silly!), so this weather is literally killing me: today is the first day ALL WEEK that the temps have been above 22 degrees. NO I AM NOT KIDDING. YES I STILL LIVE IN VIRGINIA...aka the SOUTH where it's supposed to be WARM. Lol. 
Needless to say, I've been making a TON of warm food. You guys know I am primarily (80%) raw, but I've had to make an exception this week--BRING ON THE HEAT BABY! And boy, does this hawt oat bowl ever! Sinlessly delicious, super easy, and will have you sweating (I'm serious...I DID! True story.) in no time 🔥👌 enjoy, my little snow bunnies! I'm off to make tea...❄️😂 


      Sweet 'n Spicy Banana Bread Oatmeal. 



     Topped with PB...but of course!


       Ooey-gooey-spicy GOODNESS! 



Sweet 'n Spicy Banana Bread Oatmeal!; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one. 


Ingredients
1. 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
2. 1 cup almond milk
3. 1 overripe banana, sliced 
4. 1/4 tsp (less if you're a spice wimp) cayenne
5. 1/2 cup water
6. 2 T Peanut Butter (optional, but OH SO HIGHLY recommended!)



Method 
1. In a small pot on the stove, bring your almond milk to a boil. Remove from burner, reduce heat to medium, stir in oats, and return to heat. 
2. When beginning to thicken, add sliced banana, cayenne, and water. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened to desired consistency. 
3. Top with PB and EAT! Serve with water hehe...🔥😳😋

No comments:

Post a Comment