Memorial Day BBQ Pulled Porkless Pizzas with Vegan Coleslaw. Vegan, Gluten-free option. Serves one.
For the pizzas:
1. 2 vegan pita breads (can use gluten free)
2. 2 T BBQ sauce (pre-packaged, or try my "Spicy BBQ Sauce"...find it in my recipe file!)
3. 1 c canned jackfruit, drained
4. 1 tsp braggs aminos
5. Onion, garlic powders
6. Black pepper to taste
7. Dashes of paprika and cumin
For the coleslaw:
8. 3/4 cup shredded green cabbage
9. One small carrot, grated
10. 1/4 cup sliced sweet onion
11. 4 oz. silken soft tofu
12. 2 tsp vinegar
13. 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
14. 1/8 tsp each onion and garlic powders
15. Black pepper to taste
16. Dash of braggs aminos
1. Don't let he long ingredient list scare you off--these little fellas are SOOOO simple. Place Pitas on a baking sheet and spread 1 T BBQ sauce on each. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. "Shred" jackfruit by forcing a form through each piece. You will end up with "shreds" that resemble shredded chicken, or in this case, pork!
3. Place jackfruit shreds in skillet with aminos, splash of water, and all spices. Cook about 5 minutes, till slightly browned (should look like pork). Divide among pizzas and spread evenly.
4. Place in oven and bake uncovered for 8 minutes.
5. While pizzas are browning, combine all veggies for slaw in a medium size bowl. In your food processor, combine tofu, vinegar, Dijon, spices (minus pepper), and aminos. Blend until smooth and add to slaw veggie bowl. Add pepper and mix well.
6. Once cooled, place slaw on top of pizzas and serve.