Thursday, September 17, 2015

Almost Instant Apple Pie Oatmeal Casserole.

Almost Instant Apple Pie Oatmeal Casserole.



As much as I ADORE the season of fall, it does mean one thing I'm NOT so fond of...colder weather...specifically, colder mornings. I THOROUGHLY enjoy my 85 degree and humid July morning runs...all the heat, all the time, baby ;) So when the weather starts cooling down during the day, the temps in the morning get QUITE chilly. This week is a perfect example--I was still running in tank tops last week...and then woke up Monday to a 51 degree 7 mile run! Quite a shock to the system. Anyway....long story short (well, not really...sorry guys...I know you're all just like "GIMME THE RECIPE!" I'm getting to that...hehe), these chilly mornings (i.e. chilly morning RUNS) have got me craving warmer breakfasts, infused with those comforting autumn flavors we all love so dearly. Now this craving for cooked brekkies isn't a bad thing at all...except on the days I OPEN at work. This Saturday was one such day. I arrived back at my apartment after a brisk 5 mile, 5 am run FAMISHED (as usual, lol) and craving a big warm bowl of apple pie style oat. I knew I didn't have time though--I had to be at work at 8:15! So that's when the wheels started a turnin'. I decided to try and make my fave apple pie oats IN THE MICROWAVE, since I was pressed for time on this particular morning. I honestly wasn't sure what to expect...nothing beats a good bowl of stovetop oats...mmmmm. But this little guy really delivered! Not to mention it took 5 minutes to make...SCORE, ANNA! Enjoy, guys. :)



Almost Instant Apple Pie Oatmeal Casserole. Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.

Ingredients
  1. 1/2 cup oatbran
  2. 1 cup almond milk
  3. 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  4. one very small apple, chopped
  5. 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  6. 1/8 tsp ginger
  7. pinches of nutmeg and allspice
  8. one packet stevia
Method
  1. Mix dry ingredients in a medium size bowl. Add almond milk, apple, and applesauce and mix well. 
  2. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Let cool and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment