Caramelized Red Onion Sandwich with Balsamic Cream Dip. Vegan, gluten-free option. Serves one.
1. Two slices vegan bread of choice (use gluten free, if needed)
2. One small red onion, sliced into thin strips
3. 3 T water
4. 2 tsp braggs aminos
5. 1/2 tsp dried thyme
6. 5 oz. silken tofu
7. 1/8 tsp each onion and garlic powders
8. 1 T balsamic vinegar
1. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Test the heat of your pan by adding a drop of water. If it sizzles of, congratulations: your pan is heated!
2. Add 3 T water and aminos to pan. Toss in your sliced onions and sprinkle thyme over top. Fold continuously with spatula, adding more water if needed, until caramelized. Set aside off of heat and let cool.
3. In your food processor, combine tofu, balsamic, and onion/garlic powders. Blend until completely smooth and creamy. Spoon into small ramekin.
4. Place onions on top of bread, toasted if desired, and serve with cream on the side. Enjoy!