Monday, October 12, 2015

Quick Lemon Pepper Chili.

My daily lunch consists of a salad. ALWAYS and without fail! But on my days off from work--when I can actually fix lunch instead of pack lunch, I go wild. Now don't get me wrong--salads are wonderful. I love my salads...like, MEGA LOVE. But when the weather gets chillier, there's nothing more perfect than snuggling into a steaming bowl of delicious soup as you watch your favorite movie. In your pajamas and slipper socks, of course ;) enjoy guys!

           Quick Lemon Pepper Chili. 


   Now come on--HOW DELISH IS THIS?

Quick Lemon Pepper Chili. Vegan, gluten-free. Serves one. 


Ingredients
1. 2/3 cup tvp granules
2. 2/3 cup water
3. 2 tsp braggs aminos
4. 1/8 tsp each onion and garlic powders
5. 1 cup no salt added (or low sodium) vegetable broth
6. 1 cup frozen broccoli
7. One large tomato, chopped 
8. 1/4 tsp black pepper
9. 1/2 lemon, juiced 
10. 1/2 tsp dried thyme


Method
1. This chili can be made in 10 minutes y'all. Start to finish! Ready, set, go! Okay, combine tvp with onion and garlic and mix. Add water and aminos and pop in the microwave for 2 minutes. 
2. Once cooked, scoop tvp meat into a small soup pot and add all ingredients EXCEPT TOMATO. Bring to a boil over high heat. 
3. When at a rolling boil, reduce heat to medium and add chopped tomato. Stir well and cook over low heat for 7 minutes. 
4. Pour into a large soup mug and devour. Just don't scald your mouth like I did. :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment