Thursday, October 29, 2015

The only way you should ever eat persimmons.

Sooooo this isn't really a recipe...but it's so good I HAD to share it! First, though, there's a little story behind it. :)
So as most of you know, I work as a cashier at my local health food store. We stay pretty busy, but as you can imagine some days are busier than others. I'm the opening cashier on Saturday mornings, which are pretty dead until about 11. I was chatting with my best friend at work (not surprisingly the produce guy, haha!), about the luscious looking persimmons we just got in. I told him I've only ever had one in my life and HATED IT--it was so chalky! He told me I ate it too early, and then went to show me how to pick a persimmon at peak ripeness (when they're so squishy they're getting ready to pop!). He told me his fave way to eat them is to literally stick the whole thin in the freezer overnight, then dump it in a bowl and eat it like sorbet. So I took one home and tried it. And my life will never be the same. 
So there ya have it guys--the "unrecipe recipe" for this week :) try it out! And enjoy!



Persimmon Sorbet. For Andrew :) Vegan, gluten-free. Serves one. 

Ingredients
1. One ripe persimmon

Method
1. Freeze until solid. 
2. Remove from freezer and let thaw 10-15 minutes. 
3. Place in bowl and scoop out with spoon. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment