Stuffed anything is super fun--I got quite creative with the spice combo for this one! You can get creative, too! More of one spice, less of another...even different spices altogether. It's up to you! Have fun...and as always, enjoy.
Simple Stuffed Eggplant. Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.
1. One medium sized round red globe eggplant, top removed
2. 1/3 cup tvp granules
3. 1/3 cup water
4. 1 T tomato paste
5. 1/4 tsp each onion and garlic powders
6. 1 tsp braggs aminos
7. Spice combo I used: random amounts of cinnamon, cumin, dried mint, cilantro, paprika, cayenne, and ginger
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and mine a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Place eggplant on parchment
and roast for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool 10 minutes, until cool enough to handle.
3. Gently scoop out inner flesh off eggplant and discard.
4. In a medium size bowl, combine tvp and water and microwave for one minute.
5. In a small soup pot, combine tvp with remaining ingredients, plus a generous splash of water. Mix over medium low heat until fragrant and well combined.
6. Place "meat" mixture in eggplant and serve with tomato based pasta dish or crusty bread.