These Roasted Tofu Tacos with Sliced Beets and Pumpkin-Herb Sauce are so yummy, and super quick to prepare! Less than 8 ingredients, minimal prep time, and only about 20 minutes cooking time. BOOM! #TacoTuesYAY.
|Roasted Tofu Tacos with Sliced Beets and Pumpkin-Herb Sauce.|
1. Two soft corn tortillas
2. Two handfuls fresh spinach leaves, steamed
3. 5 oz. extra-firm tofu
4. pinch of salt
5. onion and garlic powders, black pepper to taste
6. 1/2 cup sliced, steamed red beets
7. 2 T canned pumpkin puree
8. splash of barge's liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
9. dried herbs and spices of choice, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Chop tofu cubes into small chunks and place in a medium-sized bowl, along with salt, onion, garlic, and black pepper. Toss with spoon to coat.
3. Spread tofu over parchment and roast for 20-30 minutes, until crispy. Remove from oven and let cool.
4. While tofu is baking, begin plating your tacos. Place tortillas on a large plate and divide steamed spinach between the two.
5. In a small bowl, whisk pumpkin puree with enough water to form a sauce. Add herbs and spices of choice, along with aminos/soy sauce, and stir well.
6. Top spinach with tofu, then steamed beets, and finally, pumpkin sauce. Serve!