One of the coolest things about breakfast is the diversity of dishes and flavor combos--you've got sweet, salty, warm, cold, comforting not, fresh, the list goes on and on. I'm generally a "sweet" or "fresh" brekkie eater: I can't go a day without my nice cream, oatmeal, and smoothies! But some days a girl just needs to eat breakfast twice...because there's just too many options!! And this, my friends, is my theory of how "breakfast for dinner" was born...along with this delicious recipe :) enjoy!
Vegan Sunday Brunch: Savory Breakfast Bowl with Roasted Potatoes. Vegan, gluten-free. Serves one.
1. 2/3 cup TVP granules
2. 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
3. 1 T braggs liquid aminos
4. 1/4 cup chopped red onion
5. 2 tsp minced garlic
6. 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
7. 1/4 cup sliced grape tomatoes
8. 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
9. Black pepper, to taste
1. Two medium Yukon gold potatoes, sliced into wedges
2. Braggs aminos, drizzle
3. Spices of choice, to taste (I opted for onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and a little cumin! Delish!)
4. Ketchup for serving, optional
1. Combine TVP and poultry seasoning in a medium microwaveable bowl and mix. Add 2/3 cup water and 1 T aminos and stir. Nuke 2 minutes.
2. Line a small soup pot with water and satire onion and garlic until soft and fragrant. Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes.
3. Stir in cooked TVP "meat" along with tomatoes. Add a splash of water and stir. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in chopped spinach off of heat until wilted. Season with pepper and spoon into serving dish.
1. Place potato wedges into large bowl and drizzle with aminos. Sprinkle with spices and stir well to coat.
2. Spread coated potatoes over a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Serve alongside breakfast bowl, with ketchup on the side, if desired.