Chocolate Basil Oatmeal; Vegan, Gluten free. Serves one.
1. 1/2 cup oats of choice (oatbran is my personal fave)
2. 1 1/2 cups water, divided
3. 1 T carob powder (you can use cocoa if you want to. I opt for carob to avoid the caffeine.)
4. 1/2 tsp dried basil
5. One packet stevia
6. Extra basil for garnish
1. 1. Bring 1 cup water to a rolling boil.
2. In a medium size bowl whisk oats, carob, basil, and stevia.
3. Reduce heat to medium and remove pan from burner as lu stir in your oat mixture. Return to heat and stir vigorously--let it thicken slightly before adding additional 1/2 cup water.
4. Cook, stirring regularly, until desired thickness is reached. Pour into bowl and garnish with basil. EAT UP! So good.