Monday, October 13, 2014

Chocolate Basil Oatmeal.

Yes. I know. This is weird. WEIRDLY DELICIOUS! Oh my LANTA are you guys in for a crazy flavor party! Mmmm. This was THE perfect breakfast after my cold and rainy run on Saturday morning. Warm, gooey, chocolatey, oh man. Swoon. 


           
Chocolate Basil Oatmeal. 


          Droooooling, much?! I am....


Chocolate Basil Oatmeal; Vegan, Gluten free. Serves one. 


Ingredients 
1. 1/2 cup oats of choice (oatbran is my personal fave)
2. 1 1/2 cups water, divided
3. 1 T carob powder (you can use cocoa if you want to. I opt for carob to avoid the caffeine.)
4. 1/2 tsp dried basil
5. One packet stevia
6. Extra basil for garnish 



Method 
1. 1. Bring 1 cup water to a rolling boil. 
2. In a medium size bowl whisk oats, carob, basil, and stevia.
3. Reduce heat to medium and remove pan from burner as lu stir in your oat mixture. Return to heat and stir vigorously--let it thicken slightly before adding additional 1/2 cup water. 
4. Cook, stirring regularly, until desired thickness is reached. Pour into bowl and garnish with basil. EAT UP! So good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment