Soul-soothing Winter Vegetable Stew; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.
1. 1/4 cup chopped onion
2. 2 tsp minced garlic
3. 1 2/3 c vegetable broth
4. 3/4 cup sliced steamed beets (you can used canned, just ensure no salt added)
5. 1 cup white beans
6. 1 cup frozen spinach
7. 2/3 cup frozen butternut squash cubes
8. Dash bragg's liquid aminos
9. 1/4 tsp each: basil, tarragon, sage, rosemary, thyme
10. Sprinkling of black pepper
1. Sauté onion and garlic in a little veggie broth until soft. Add spices (except pepper) and aminos and stir.
2. Add remaining veg broth, beans, spinach, and butternut squash. Bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes.
3. Reduce to a simmer, add beets, and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, add pepper, stir, and serve. Pairs beautifully with rustic toasted bread! Mmmmm.