Saturday, March 15, 2014

Holiday Oats: St. Patrick's Day Sweet Vanilla Matcha Oatmeal

A couple years ago, I had this idea to create a bowl of oatmeal for each holiday. It has been so fun thinking of different ways to celebrate these special times of the year through healthy foods.
As each holiday comes, I will post my "Holiday Oats" for that particular holiday. So here's St. Patty's Day: Sweet Vanilla Matcha Oatmeal. Let me just say...yum. I am a total matcha addict. I love it so much. I put it in everything almost! Smoothies, oatmeal, protein poppers; you name it, matcha goes in it. This oatmeal is absolute perfection. Definitely a favorite for any time of the year, not just on St. Patrick's Day!

Sweet Matcha Vanilla Oatmeal.



Sweet Matcha Vanilla Oatmeal; Vegan. Serves One.


Ingredients
  1. 1/2 Cup oats of choice (oat bran is my favorite)
  2. 1 Cup water
  3. 1 tsp matcha powder (make sure it's just the tea--not sweetened!)
  4. 1/4-1/2 tsp stevia
  5. 1/4 tsp vanilla powder


Method
  1. In a small soup pot, bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and add oats, matcha, and vanilla. Stir continuously until desired consistency is reached. Top as desired and enjoy!

Sweet Vanilla Matcha Oatmeal. Topped with "protein frosting": just mix your favorite protein powder with water until desired consistency is reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment