Monday, March 10, 2014

Holiday Post!: Minty Shamrock Shake

I'm a sucker for holidays. Especially the so-called "Hallmark holidays" (i.e. Valentine's Day, St. Patty's Day, etc.). I always have been, and I think I always will be! There is just such joy surrounding these days. People act happier when they know these days are close. Really! The colors, the decorations, and, who would I be not to acknowledge the best part...the food!
I LOVE preparing holiday-themed recipes. In fact, as time goes on and I continue to increase my recipe collection, you all will be seeing LOTS of holiday-themes recipes. I'm cheesy, I know. I can't help it.
I especially love St. Patrick's Day. Maybe it's my Irish heritage (come on, you had to have guessed. Check out the hair!), or maybe the fact that my favorite color is EVERYWHERE for the entire month of March, or maybe that this holiday marks the beginning of my favorite season...I don't know. I just know I love St. Patrick's Day!
Anyway. On to the RECIPE! If I may be so bold, this smoothie rocks. The combination of flavors come together perfectly and completely epitomize St. Patrick's Day (and Spring in general!). Frosty frozen bananas, creamy coconut cream, fresh mint leaves, oh yeah. Definitely a favorite smoothie from now on...

Minty Shamrock Shake

Minty Shamrock Shake; Vegan, Gluten-Free. Serves One.


Ingredients
  1. 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
  2. 2 T coconut cream
  3. 2 fresh mint leaves
  4. 1 Cup almond milk
  5. 2 Cups fresh spinach leaves
Method
  1. Super-duper simple: Combine all ingredients in a Vitamix or other high-speed blender and blend low to high until smooth. Pour into large glass and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment