Saturday, March 15, 2014

Vanilla No-Gurt

I have to be completely honest. I don't miss any foods since going vegan. That's the case with the majority of the people I have talked to. However...I do miss the things you can do with yogurt. I ate tons of dairy products before I went vegan (the root cause of my stomach issues). I LOVED yogurt. Yogurt is the only thing I miss just a tad. Not the flavor, not the texture, but how it can be used. I loved making "yogurt messes", filled with berries, raw oats, seeds, and a touch of cinnamon.
I have searched and searched (without any luck) for a soy yogurt or coconut milk yogurt that meets my picky requirements (clean ingredients, no added sugar, etc.). But alas, my search is over. This delicious vanilla "no-gurt" as I have named it is absolutely awesome. Subtly sweet, lusciously creamy; oh yeah. Yogurt mess, HERE I COME!

Vanilla No-Gurt

Vanilla No-Gurt; Vegan, Gluten Free. Makes about 3/4 Cup.

Ingredients
  1. 5 oz. silken soft tofu
  2. 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
  3. 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
  4. 1/4-1/2 tsp stevia
  5. 1/8 c almond milk

Method
  1. This couldn't be easier. Add all ingredients to a mini food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to jar, cover, and refrigerate until ready to eat. You can eat this right away, too, but I think it tastes better if you let the flavors mingle for a few hours. 
  2. Top with fruit, nuts, oats, use in overnight oatmeal, or eat plain! 

Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment