Spicy Italian Black Bean Burger Toasts. Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.
1. 2 cups frozen spinach
2.2 slices vegan bread of choice, toasted
3. 1 cup canned black beans
4. Spices to taste: onion, garlic, black pepper, oregano
5. Large handful sliced onion
6. 1 T braggs liquid aminos
7. 1/2 cup canned no salt added tomato sauce
8. Dash liquid aminos
9. Onion powder, garlic powder, and chipotle powders to taste
1. Place frozen spinach on a large plate and pop in the micro for 2 minutes. Top with toasts.
2. In a medium size bowl, mash beans with all spices using the back of a spoon.
3. Form two even patties using your hands place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Place on top of toasts.
4. Sauté sliced onion in 1 T aminos until caramelized. Place on top of burgers.
5. In a small soup pot, heat tomato sauce with aminos and spices (onion, garlic, and chipotle) until hot. Spoon over plate and sprinkle with dried (OR FRESH!) parsley.