Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A soup for spring (well, sorta spring...): Chilled Cantaloupe Banana Soup.

Soup is probably one of my favorite things in the world to make. Soup of all kinds--hearty, silky, light, hot, cold, spicy, sweet, chunky, you name it...I love it! Ever since I got my vitamix last February, I've been kind of obsessed with its blending powers...thus, and increased obsession with homemade soups! 
We've had pretty wacky weagher this week here in central Va...it was 60 degrees AND SUNNY on Monday! But I'm not complaining--bring it ON! Needless to say, I was feeling super springy after my run Monday morning, and craving a nice light and cold breakfast. So...soup for brekkie? Yup. You guys shouldn't be surprised...I'm pretty traditional after all, right?! 😂😜 Enjoy!


   Chilled Cantaloupe Banana Soup. 


             Yes. I think yes indeed. 


Chilled Cantaloupe Banana Soup. Vegan, gluten-free. Serves one. 


Ingredients
1. 2 cups fresh chopped cantaloupe 
2. One large frozen banana (freeze SLICED!)
3. One cup light coconut or coconut-almond combo milk 
4. 10 drops coconut stevia
5. 6 oz. silken soft tofu
6. Chopped mint for garnish


Method
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in your vitamix or other high speed blender. 
2. Starting on low, slowly work up to high speed, blending until perfectly smooth. If you prefer a thinner soup, add water through the top spout as you blend. 
3. Pour into large bowl and garnish with chopped mint. YUMM!

1 comment: