Sunday, June 1, 2014

Protein-flax Spread.

I love playing around with protein powder. There are SO many things you can do with it it's unbelievable. This is one of my favorite uses for my beloved protein powder. Super simple and ridiculously tasty, I like this stuffed in a wrap, spread in toast, as a condiment for veggies, and on top of oatmeal. 


                 Protein-flax Spread. 



                      Close up time!



Protein-flax Spread; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one. 


Ingredients 
1. 2 T protein powder of choice (In the picture above I used Jarrow Mixed Berry flavor)
2. 2 T ground flaxseeds
3. Water as needed
4. 1/2 packet stevia (optional. You can omit it if your protein powder is already sweetened. Jarrow brand is unsweetened, so I used the stevia.)


Method
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the protein powder, flax, and stevia (if using). 
2. Add a little water at a time as you stir. Keep stirring and adding water until you get a gooey "frosting" like spread. The amount of water varies with the brand of protein used. I've tried lots of different brands and the amount of water I need is never the same! 
3. Use as desired! Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment