Sweet 'n Sour Mega Salad; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one (makes one "mega salad").
1. 8 packed cups raw spinach leaves
2. 1/4 cup TVP (mix with 1/4 cup water and microwave 1 minute)
3. 1/2 cup navy (or other white bean) beans, drained and rinsed
4. 1/2 chopped apple (I used gala)
5. 1/4 cup chopped red onion
6. Juice of 1/2 lime
7. 1 T balsamic vinegar
8. 1 tsp Dijon mustard
8. Garlic powder and black pepper to taste
1. Place spinach leaves in a LARGE bowl and add all ingredients in the order listed until you get to the balsamic.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and Dijon together until smooth. Drizzle over salad and sprinkle with garlic and pepper. Enjoy!