Friday, June 27, 2014

My favorite chia pudding: Coconut-Beetroot Chia Pudding.

I love chia pudding. I love chia seeds in general! I mean, what's NOT to love?! A mere 1/4 cup provides 6 grams of protein, 11 grams of healthy fats (HELLO OMEGA 3's!), and only 180 calories. I thought I had died and gone to vegan foodie heaven when I learned of all the incredible uses of chia seeds. ESPECIALLY when I discovered my beloved chia pudding. Chia puddings are definitely a go-to quick breakfast for me. Chia gives me so much energy-perfect to power me through a run or skate! 
This particular chia pudding is definitely a new fave. Beets (another of my favorite things!) and coconut go great together, if you're never tried that combo. Quick, easy, ridiculously filling. What are you waiting for?!


      Coconut-Beetroot Chia Pudding. 

             Even better? It's PINK! 


Coconut-Beetroot Chia Pudding; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one. 


Ingredients 
1. 1/4 cup black chia seeds
2. 1 cup almond milk
3. 1/2 cup steamed, sliced beets
4. 10 drops coconut flavored stevia
5. Shredded unsweetened coconut for garnish, optional 



Method 
1. Place chia in a LARGE bowl (do not underestimate bowl size...this expands drastically!). 
2. In vitamix or other high speed blender, combine beets, almond milk, and stevia. Blend until smooth. Pour over chia and stir with spoon. 
3. Cover and place in fridge overnight. When ready to eat, garnish with shredded coconut if desired. Enjoy! You will..!

No comments:

Post a Comment