Raw Yellow Squash Noodles with Tangy Chickpeas; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.
1. One medium yellow squash, spiralized or julienned into "noodles" (I use the "vegetti")
2. 3/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3. 2 tsp spicy brown mustard
4. 1 T balsamic vinegar
5. 1/4 cup sliced red onion
6. Garlic powder to taste
1. Make your veggie noodles and place in a large bowl.
2. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add chickpeas.
3. In a small bowl, whisk mustard and balsamic. Pour over chickpeas and let it sizzle. Mix aroun with spatula an cook until "toasty". Serve over noodles.
4. In same pan, after scraping as much glaze off as possible, add red onion with about 3 T water. Let it caramelize, stirring with spatula occasionally. Add garlic powder and cook until dry. Serve over chickpeas an noodles and enjoy!