Spicy Chipotle Plantain Hummus; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.
1. 3/4 c canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2. 3 oz. peeled ripe plantain (about 1/4 of a medium; or approx. a 3" slice)
3. Onion and garlic powders, 1/8 tsp each
4. 1/8-1/4 tsp chipotle powder (to taste...depending on your heat preferences!)
5. Cilantro for garnish
1. Combine all ingredients (EXCEPT cilantro) in your mini food processor and blend until super smooth. I added about 1 T water to get things moving. Serve into bowl and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy with raw veggies, pita chips, or tortillas.