So grab your favorite chick flick (or action film if you're into that!), jump into your cozy PJ's and dive into this casserole. Sounds like a pretty perfect night to me.
Cheezy Cauliflower and Kale Casserole; Vegan, Gluten-Free. Serves one.
1. 10 oz. cauliflower florets
2. 9 baby carrots (or 2 medium size carrots) peeled and chopped
3. 2 kale leaves, finely torn
4. One recipe "basic cheese sauce" (recipe in a previous post)
5. 1/4 cup chopped onion
6. 2 tsp minced garlic
1. In a non stick skillet, sauté onion and garlic in some water until tender. Add carrots and about 1/8 cup more water. Cook until carrots are tender.
2. Add kale and cook about 2 minutes, just until kale is wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Make your cheese sauce.
4. While cheese is cooking, place your cauliflower in a large soup pot and cover with water. Boil until tender. Drain and set aside.
5. When cheese is almost completely thickened (you still want it just a tad but runny for this recipe) add to the cheese pot your onion sauté and cauliflower. Mash the cauliflower into the sauce with the back of a fork. Stir very well to thoroughly coat everything in the sauce.
6. Coon about 5 minutes then transfer to a small casserole dish. Spread evenly, and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. Let cool before eating. Enjoy!