Black Bean Plantain Soup; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.
1. 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
2. 4 oz. plantain, sliced and chopped
3. 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
4. 1/4 tsp cinnamon
5. Dash of cumin
6. 2 tsp minced ginger, minced
7. 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
1. In a small soup pot, warm your almond milk along with the fresh ginger over medium heat. Do not boil.
2. When warm, add cinnamon and cumin. Stir and cook about 5 minutes.
3. Add black beans and plantain and stir. Cook 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in spinach leaves. Let sit about 3 minutes and pour into bowl to serve. Enjoy!