Sunday, April 6, 2014

Banana Ice Cream Pie

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know how much I love my "Nana Ice Cream". And I mean reeeeeaaaalllly love. I would eat it at every single meal if I could. I'm soooo not joking, either. This is a fun little treat that can go for a dessert or even breakfast! Super simple, minimal ingredients, and just the right size. I don't know about you but I'm perfectly happy saying I ate a whole ice cream pie for  breakfast...


Banana Ice Cream Pie.




Banana Ice Cream Pie; Vegan, Gluten-Free. Makes one "mini" sized pie.


Ingredients
  1. 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
  2. 2 dates
  3. 1 frozen banana (frozen in chunks)



Method
  1. In a mini food processor, combine flax and dates. Process until crumbly and sticky. Press into desired dish (if it doesn't hold together, add a splash of water and stir). 
  2. Cover and place in the freezer while you make your filling. 
  3. Place frozen banana chunks in your Vitamix. Blend until smooth and ice-cream consistency. Spread over crust, cover, and freeze about 15-20 minutes. 
  4. Top with coconut cream if desired, slice, and enjoy! 



Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment