Thursday, April 24, 2014

Spinach Artichoke Hummus

I recently tried artichokes for the FIRST (gasp!) time. Let's just say I now have yet another obsession...I quickly started brainstorming artichoke recipes, trying to figure out a way to put them in, well, everything. Naturally I had to make hummus. I mean, when in doubt throw it in the food processor, am I right?! Anyway, this js so incredibly easy and will totally rock your taste buds. Perfect for a quick snack or a side dish (would be perfect for a party!). 


          Spinach Artichoke Hummus. 


Spinach Artichoke Hummus; Vegan, Gluten free. Makes one small bowl (approximately 3/4 cup). 


Ingredients
1. 3/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2. 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, with about 1/8 cup liquid
3. 2 tsp minced garlic
4. 1/3 cup frozen spinach, cooked
5. Garlic powder to taste (I like my hummus really garlicky!)


Method
1. In a mini food processor, combine hick peas, artichokes with liquid, garlic, and garlic powder. Process until super smooth. 
2. Transfer to medium size bowl and stir in cooked spinach. Mix well. Serve! 


   I served mine on warm toast. Mmmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment