One of my all time favorite meals during my pre-vegan days was pasta primavera. The word "primavera" literally translates as "spring", so what better time than spring to recreate a veganized version of one of my favorite meals?!
Vegan Pasta Primavera with Creamy Balsamic Sauce; Vegan, Gluten-Free. Serves one.
1. 5 oz. silken tofu
2. 1 T balsamic vinegar
3. Onion and garlic powders, to taste
4. Pasta of choice (I used a package of tofu noodles)
5. 1/8 cup diced red pepper
6. 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
7. 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, halved
8. Black pepper to taste
9. 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped
1. In a mini food processor combine the tofu, balsamic, onion, and garlic. Process until very smooth. Set aside.
2. Cook your noodles and place in a large bowl with the chopped spinach.
3. Prepare your veggies and set aside.
4. Spoon your sauce over noodles and spinach. Mix very well. Serve into medium size bowl and top with veggies. Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired. Enjoy!
Note: the veggies are pretty flexible. I just used what I had in my fridge. You could use any veggie you have on hand (asparagus would be super yum!).