Savory Pumpkin Garlic Pasta; Vegan, Gluten free. Serves one.
1. Raw spinach leaves for plating
2. One serving of pasta (I used brown rice penne)
3. 1/4 cup chopped onion
4. 3 tsp minced garlic
5. 1 T liquid aminos
6. 1/2 tsp dried basil (plus more for garnish)
7. 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
8. 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
9. Sprinkle of garlic powder
1. Cook your pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a non stick pan, sauté onion and garlic in 1 T aminos. Add splashes of water of necessary to prevent sticking. After two minutes, add basil and cook until liquid is gone. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a small soup pot, combine cooked pasta, pumpkin, almond milk, onion and garlic sauté, and garlic powder. Cook over medium heat until warm and thickened.
4. Serve over fresh spinach and garnish with more basil if desired. Enjoy!