Make this oatmeal when you have a little extra time and want a good, stick-to-your-ribs breakfast. Yummy!
Luscious Lemon Ginger Oats
1. 1/2 cup oats of choice (I used oatbran)
2. 1-2 cups water (I doubled my oats using the "double your grains" technique, explained in a previous post!)
3. 4 tsp fresh minced or grated ginger
4. 1/2 lemon, juice
5. Ginger powder for garnish
6. Stevia for sweetness, if desired
1. In a small soup pot, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in oats (I also cooked my oats with 2 T ground flaxseeds).
2. Cook, stirring constantly until oats begin to thicken. If doubling your grains, add second cup of water now. If not, add remaining ingredients, cook a few more minutes for flavors to mingle, and serve.
3. If doubling, add 2nd cup of water and increase heat to high. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until oats begin to bubble rapidly.
4. Once bubbling, add ginger and lemon. Stir well, cook about 5-7 more minutes, and serve. Garnish with ginger powder, if desired.