Almond Joy Oatmeal; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.
1. 1/2 cup oats of choice (I used oatbran)
2. 1 cup water (2 if using my "double your grains!" Thehu wye explained in a previous post)
3. 1 T carob powder
4. 10 drops liquid coconut stevia
5. 2 T unsweetened coconut shreds
6. Handful sliced almonds
1. In a small soup pot, bring your water to a boil. Stir in oats and reduce heat to medium. Cook until just beginning to thicken and then whisk in your carob and coconut stevia. Whisk vigorously to remove any clumps.
2. Once nearly fully cooked, stir in your shredded coconut, reserving about 1 tsp for topping.
3. Once desired consistency of oats is reached, transfer to bowl, top with almonds, and sprinkle with remaining coconut shreds. Enjoy!