This oat bowl is heaven. Literally like devouring a healthy Gingersnap cookie. Perfect for breakfast...or any time of day for that matter...
Gingersnap Oatmeal; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.
1. 1/2 cup oats of choice (I used oatbran)
2. 1 cup water (2 if you are following my "double your grains!" technique, explained in a previous post)
3. 1 T blackstrap molasses
4. 1/2 tsp powdered ginger, plus extra for garnish
1. In a small soup pot, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and stir in oats.
2. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 3 minutes or until mostly cooked. Stir in molasses and ginger and continue cooking until desired thickness is reached. Pour into a bowl, top with ginger, and EAT!