Friday, May 16, 2014

"Flavor of Spring" Salad.

To be honest, I was not planning on posting this recipe. I didn't think it would turn out to be a "recipe", really. I was literally just "cleaning out the fridge" when I made this salad. But as I've come to find out time and time again, those "clean out the fridge" salads are often the BEST salads! Hope you enjoy this one!


            "Flavor of Spring" Salad. 



      Layers and layers of raw goodness. 


    Another, because it's just so pretty!


            Ok, ok, last one. Promise. 



"Flavor of Spring" Salad; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one. 



Ingredients 
1. 7 oz raw broccoli florets 
2. 5 oz raw cauliflower florets
3. 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped 
4. 1/2 cup steamed beets, sliced
5. 2 T raisins
6. 1-2 T balsamic vinegar (I used one T but I would definitely use two making his again as mine was pretty dry)
7. Parsley flakes to taste


Method
1. In your food processor, process your broc and cauli florets. I did this separately to make the "layers". Scoop "rice" into medium size bowl. 
2. Top with carrot, then beets, then raisins. Drizzle with balsamic and sprinkle with parsley flakes. Dig in!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment