Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Breakfast Sushi.

Everybody loves breakfast. As one of my good friends on Instagram said, it's literally like you're saying "Hello, food! I've missed you!" I absolutely love love love breakfast. For me, breakfast food is comfort food. Oatmeal, vanilla no gurt (recipe in a previous post), nice cream and sorbet, ok Anna....
This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite oatmeal toppings/condiments; I call it protein "frosting". This has gotten LOTS of interest and inquiries on my Instagram page, so I thought I would finally share my staple spread on my blog also! 
Quick and easy, this Breakfast Sushi can go as a quick afternoon pick me up also. Start to finish, it takes about 5 minutes to make (and it looks really pretty!). Can't beat that! 



                    Breakfast Sushi. 



              Up close and personal. 



Breakfast Sushi; Vegan, Gluten-free option. Serves one. 



Ingredients
1. One medium-large whole grain/gluten free wrap or tortilla (I used a lavash wrap made of oat flour and flax. Mine was super big, so I cut it in half.)
2. 2 T or one scoop protein powder of choice 
3. Pinch of stevia if your protein powder is unsweetened, as mine is
4. One medium banana, peeled
5. Cinnamon for garnish, optional (try ginger!)


Method
1. Lay out your wrap on a large, flat surface. 
2. Make your protein frosting: in a small bowl, combine protein powder and optional stevia. Mix together and add splashes of water until a spreadable, "frosting"-like consistency is reached. Add water a little at a time as it is VERY easy to make this too runny by accident. 
3. Spread protein frosting on wrap, reserving a little to seal the edges after you roll it up. 
4. Lay banana to one side of wrap and start Rollin! Seal edges together with remaining frosting, slice like sushi, and sprinkle with cinnamon or ginger. You could try nutmeg too. Get creative! 


         Breakfast in 5 minutes (or less!). 


Note: what makes this even MORE AWESOME you ask?! Depending on your protein powder, this little meal can pack a BIG protein punch. My wrap plus my powder brought this protein count to 22 grams total. Boom babay!

No comments:

Post a Comment